Born: September 21
Weight; 215 lbs.
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Brown
Marital status: Single
Health status: Excellent
Some highlights from the beginning:
- Age eleven started playing the Banjo.
- Won 1st place in school talent show at age 12.
- First musical job at age 13.
- Played weekends throughout high school
- Father and son duo developed as a result of playing professionally and regularly.
Some highlights of early career are as follows:
- Regional Sportsman shows-Dallas, Des Moines, Cleveland
- State fairs/ County fairs; Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama.
- Summer season two years in a row at Sea World, Aurora, Ohio.
- Disneyland California “Spring-fling” two years in a row.
- Diamond Jim’s club St. Paul, Mn. Nightly shows in the “Bankers room”
- Camelback Inn Scottsdale, Az, Desert Inn Tucson, Az.
- Gaslight Village entire summer of variety show Lake George, N.Y. , Corporate Convention shows
- Featured act with the Peter Duchen Orchestra Detroit, Professor Backwards, Boris Carloff Jr.
1971 Solo career begins
- The Red Garter saloon Chicago, Il.
- Disneyland stage show “Class of 27” Anaheim, Ca.
- Disney World “Class of 27 show”, The Banjo Kings, Pioneer Hall, Orlando, Fl.
- The New Christy Minstrels – traveling road show based in Los Angeles, Ca.
- Rosie O’Grady’s Pensacola, Fl.
- Family nightclub in Mobile, Alabama known as“Pretty Boy Floyd’s” Dixieland Jazz club.
- Ruby Red’s Underground Atlanta, Ga.
- Disney World Orlando, Fl.
- Auntie Mame’s – Ft. Lauderdale, Fl W/Bill Allred leader
- Flash-in-the-pan Jazz Band founding member – Mobile, Al.
- World Famous Banjo Band Rosie O’Grady’s Orlando, Fl.
- Mickey Finn’s show – Las Vegas, NV.
- Disney World, Rhythm Rascals
- Tokyo Disney Sea – American Waterfront, Cape Cod Trio – Tokyo, Japan
2004 – 2007
- Steamboat Willie trio New Orleans, La.
- Universal Studios Osaka, Japan “Fire Jazz Fantasy show”
2009 – Current
- Freelancing in New Orleans Lousiana
- U.S. State Department “Thank You World Tour” on behalf of all the countries that gave to the Hurricane Katrina relief fund.
- Doreene Ketchen’s new Orleans Jazz all-stars booked through Wynton Marsallis’s Jazz at the Lincoln Center N.Y. City (Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, and Japan).
- Performing at Jazz festivals throughout the U.S. with Igor’s Jazz Cowboy’s, Big Mama Sue, and The Black Swan Jazz Band
- Endorses; GHS STRINGS
- Banjo given to him by Eddie Peabody “King of the Banjo”
- Teamed with Doug Mattocks as the “Banjo Brothers” act Sacramento jazz festival Memorial weekend, four years running.
- Featured guest artist Sacramento jazz festival for nine years.
- Wrote and produced travel industry shows as part of a duel promotion for Eastern Airlines and Walt Disney World in South America.
- Wrote two major convention shows for Disney; The “Red White and Blue review”, and “All that Jazz”
- Only Banjoist to appear at all three Rosie O’Grady’s jazz clubs Orlando, Pensacola, and Las Vegas.
Headliner at regional Banjo conventions in:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Stone Mountain, GA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- St. Louis, MO
- Orlando, FL
- Cleveland, OH
- Cincinnati, OH
- Have Banjo Will Travel w/Carl Fontana
- The Banjo Artistry of Lee Floyd
- Big Tiny Little meets Lee Floyd
- Rosie O’Grady’s World Famous Banjo Band
- Disney World’s Rhythm Rascals “Christopher Columbus”
- Disney World’s Rhythm Rascals “Futuristic Jungleisim”
- “Steamboat Willie meets Plink Floyd” Volume 1. and 2.
- The New Orleans Nickels and Diamonds project
What you should know:
- Name: Lee Floyd
- Stage name: Lee “Plink” Floyd
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Musician
- Favorite Subjects: Family, Plectrum Banjo, Aviation, Technology, Travel
- Favorite Journal: American Spectator
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Japan/Thailand
“I think people who can truly live a life in music are telling the world, ‘You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don’t need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it’s the very best, and it’s the part I give.”